Thursday, August 25, 2005

Let me Hold $5.

What exactly is that supposed to mean? Let me hold five dollars. I mean, why exactly do you need the five dollars if you're just going to hold it? I know, I know, I know. It's slang, but where does stuff like that come from- slang. Let's break this one down.

Hold: basically means to physically possess something, like in one's hand.

So, you goin' physically hold the the $5. Then tell me some b.s. like " ... until I get my check or until I get to an ATM." Now whether you do anything with the $5 while you're holding it, is up to you. All I know is that "Craig" is supposed to be holding the $5, which means, temporary.

But I know when broke times come, I'm goin' need to hold my own $5 back from yo broke ass.

Weeks or months later, 'cause you knew "Craig" wasn't going to give it right back--always, your pockets are a little light, but good thing "Craig is still holding your $5.

You plan out what you going to do with the $5 that "Craig" is holding for you only to find out that "Craig" ain't got nothing for you. Ain't that a B$%&*!

No comments: