Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just 'cause I make jokes, doesn't mean I'm a game to be played.


I don't understand. I suppose that I never will understand. Why is it that people lie to you about things that they know good and well you are capable of finding out. For instance, if you have told a woman that you have had and interest in pursuing her, for a long time, why then later tell that woman's friend the same line. Do you really think that they won't communicate these findings to each other.


This is what has happened to me. Just this week. Unfortunately, this isn't even the first time. As a matter of fact, it's the fourth time. I once liked this guy and he even gave the impression, even verbally, that he liked me too. Unfortunately, I discovered that it was all a game and that the guy, who I though was interested in me, was only really interested in my friend-- only thing is--- she wasn't interested in him. He even went so far as to tell her that he never even told me that he was interested in me like that.
Yeah... that kind of hurt my feelings... made me a little bitter, but I got over it, so to speak.


The thing is, why do people lie about things like that... yeah I know... probably because of feelings.
Feelings.

People don't want to hurt other people's feelings. But isn't it more hurtful to find out later, than sooner. It makes it sooo hard to trust. Soon as I give the benefit of the doubt---- a lie comes out. People lie so much in the name of protecting feelings that now people can't handle even a little bit of truth, and people wouldn't fathom telling you the truth.
Oh well, I guess that's just the way the world works now.

Fortunately this time I found out sooner rather than later. So, my friend... I'm reminded of a song... by En Vogue "No, you're never gonna get it!"